Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Design: This is serious business

 As I venture into the blogosphere, hoping to make my impact on the *virtual* World of Design, my sister brings me back to the Real World with this blog link:

Catalog Living

Pay attention next time…Despite Elaine’s simple instructions (position 2 wooden pedestals on the table so that the smaller is rotated 45 degrees and tucked slightly under the larger one, top both with leaves and put just cheese on one and just figs on the other), Gary still managed to screw it up.--- catalogliving.net


I have to admit it took me a minute to "get it".  I have been so immersed in the details and business of design, that I forgot about the fun and, especially, the creativeness of it!  Because, if nothing else, the author of this blog is very creative and sees the humor in at least, the marketing of design!

I especially had to laugh at the September 18th posting -- I definitely would have used this advertisement in MY September 18th post on "Let the Sun Shine In.."  or  the "meaning of gray and yellow"!!!  Not with the same caption though!  :)

Ever since he was a child, Gary had wanted to play the decorative yellow stringless mini-cello, but he had to admit he did not take to it as naturally as he had hoped.  --- catalogliving.net

 

I hope something or someone has made you laugh today!

1 comment: