Saturday, September 18, 2010

Let the Sun Shine In..



I'm back!  Summer is over --- but it looks like sunny days ahead! As I type the sun is shining on a beautiful fall day.
Looking at my current design mags, I see that the sun is peeking thru, too!  It had seemed to me for quite awhile, that all I had been seeing in design world was the gray, industrial look---look at the current Restoration Hardware catalogue to see what I am talking about.

So much of the look now is to monochromatic shades of gray.  I love the look, but can you really live with it for a long period of time?  Could these colors be a reflection of our bad economic times?

Apartment Therapy.com


We must be feeling glimmers of hope, because everywhere I look I see gray rooms with pops of sunny yellow!

From fabric manufacturers:
Vervain

Kravet


to photo spreads






Architectsforlife.com



Furntitureseen.com




to blogger articles ...

like this one from Belle Maison, which has some great inspiration photos!



cococozy blog post: Peony bowl, Bloomingdales



Let's hope this is a sign of better times ahead!  Let the sun shine in!

No comments:

Post a Comment